Thanks for taking time to visit "Carolina Culture" since it emerged from the shambles of my life, career and the newspaper industry about a month ago. (This Thursday to be exact if you want to send a gift)
People from all around the state have been in touch and have sent along information about upcoming events. If you wish to do the same follow these guidelines:
1. Send it two weeks in advance.
2. If you are sending a standard press release it makes my life easier if it is in the text of the email.
3. Send photos, but not too many.
4. Send good photos.
5. AT THE TOP of the press release state what the event is, where it is (including a street address), when it is (times, if it is an art show it must have a closing date) and a contact number the public can call.
6. If you'd rather send information by regular mail, with a CD or flashdrive of photos, contact me.
Right now I am not in a position to create and maintain and extensive calendar of events, but the site will always have one with the top five to 10 events. If you are looking for an extensive listing of art events in the midlands, go to the Columbia Convention and Visitors Bureau calendar at
Also notice the big Halsey Institute of Contemporary Art at the College of Charleston logo on the right hand side of the page. This is an ad. "Carolina Culture" has now sold out. If you are interested in buying in, please contact us.