Monday, April 20, 2009

How was your year at the PHIL?


The final concert of the first year of the SC Philharmonic under the baton of Morihiko Nakahara is almost upon us. Kinda like that sentence.
What did you think?
If you heard all the concerts which was the best and which the worst?
How did you like the playing and music selection?
Were you someone who didn't care about the orchestra, but went this year because of the new music director?
A long-time philharmonic supporter who hates or loves what the orchestra has done this year?
And what do you think about Nakahara's jacket?
Let me know.

I haven't been keeping up with Nakahara's blog like I should, but I just read the one titled "Done with My Taxes." It's very informative, but has very little to do with taxes.
http://www.b106fm.com/sectional.asp?id=5597
This will take you to to the B106 radio station website where you will be greeted by photos of a bunch of graying middle aged white guys (Sting, Don Henley, John Mellencamp, Elton John, Me), but it's the right place.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just doing this so you will be able to see how to post a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Nakahara has done a phenomenal job with the Phil. I only saw a couple of concerts this season, but the orchestra seemed much more alive -- that whole breath of fresh air cliche. I'm excited to see what he offers in future seasons, and hope he can stay away from pandering performances just for the old timers (they may not care much for modern pieces, but many people do). And I like the jacket.

    ReplyDelete

Post comments under the anonymous listing if you do not subscribe to one of the services listed.